I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Monday 24 February 2014

I am back for 2014

I have not had a blog post for ages, for this I am sorry.

There is no real reason, I would like to be able to say that I have been busy and important, that is only half true. The busy bit J there is a lot of stuff happening around me that I have no control over and it has stressed me out, my work load has increased, my pay remains the same ***sigh*** and my free time is limited or taken up with family time.

I was thinking about why I stopped posting so often and it is really such a simple and silly reason….my Google Chrome has stopped spell checking, I have looked at my settings and I can’t get it back. I am the world’s worst speller and my grammar is almost non-existent.  I have gotten very lazy with spelling since spellchecker, lulled into a false sense of security that my mistakes will be caught by the computer before I go public.  I have put on my big girl pants and remembered what it was like before spell checker and proof read my work. (Then I will google words that don’t look right)

I was going to try and make up for not being a good blogger and write a really long post with a heap of the photos that I have missed sharing over the last few months, but I will not bore you I will make a promise to myself to do a better job in the future.

I will share a few positives that have happened

In the January challenges in our Flickr group, I got a first place in the winner challenge with my Noise photo. The brief was take a photo where the viewer can ‘hear’ the noise. 
Hear the noise


I also got second place in the weather challenge.


Rainbow over Old Woman Island



I think my most exciting news for this year is my first ever lightning photo – technically it was last year as the photo was taken on the 27 December 2013, that is only semantics really. I was so excited to be in the right place at the right time although I have been to this lookout about 4 times before in waiting for a storm it has never been the right time.






I will be a better blogger starting today, pinky swear.


I have a wedding to photograph this week and one next week, so life will continue to be busy but busy good.


Bonus photo because I love it



A huntsman on my bedroom wall






No comments:

Post a Comment