I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Thursday 3 October 2013

My Amazement

I came here today to tell you about the lovely lady who asked me to photograph a painting she wants to sell. What was a 5 min job lasted over an hour as I listened to her stories, she worked in Canberra during the Hawk and Keating years of Parliament. She work in the trade department with 39 men, I was in fits of laughter at some of the stories. I don't think they will translate the same if I was to retell them. 
Mary spent her money on fine art and paintings when she was young and full of fun ***her words*** she didn't smoke and when she went out there was plenty of men to buy her dinner and drinks. As she has gotten older she wants to pack her belongings into a suitcase and travel where the wind blows....it is a foolish woman's dream she told me, she is looking after her elderly mother. However she will be ready to leave when the time is right.

Painting by Geoffrey Proud 1982 


My amazement however is not about the lady or the painting but this very blog. This morning when checking my emails I noticed that there was a conversation on my Kit Kat Lasagna post from last November. There was a lot of overnight activity from America, so I checked the stats on this post.

http://rozzy35.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/kit-kat-lasagna.html

I was gobsmacked to find there was over 20,000 views holly doolly that's more than the rest of my posts put together. I use facebook all the time and blog, I have a twitter account I rarely use, I have posted on video on Youtube so I checked the views on that too....over 1000 Oh Myyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Gt0bUY2Oc

Today I am very happy to be  out in the world wide web, to make new friends that I may never meet.

I needed some good in my day. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment