I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Wednesday 11 September 2013

New Stuff

I am happy to say the reason I am behind on my blog this time is because I have been so busy with stuff other than work, I am finding it hard to catch up with all my editing and writing. (I also have to fit a bit of work into my fun stuff)

I mentioned in the last post that we were doing a bit of renovating...The two most important things have happened. I got a new oven, it is so good, gas cook top (with a lid), an electric grill that doubles as a small oven and an electric fan forced oven. The very first thing I cooked was lemon meringue cup cakes - because I could. It was so nice to have them cook at an even temperature not having to rotate them every few minutes to stop burning, then I make a beautiful roast chicken with vegies and gravy. SOOOO yum.

***Inset photo of old oven here***

New Oven - I love the extra bench space the lid creates 


Lemon Meringue Cupcakes 


We also got our lounge suite recovered, this was a very hard decision to make as we could have spent just a little more and gotten a brand spanking new one. The reasons we chose to recover not  buy new are,

  • A lounge suite with 2 recliners and a sofa bed was $1500 more than recovering (no sofa bed on $550 more)
  • The mechanism on our recliners is no longer made and is less likely to fault like the new model
  • The quality of our furniture is very good, nice thick timber, new products made out of thinner ***inset cheaper*** timber - not as long lasting.
  • New (reasonably priced) furniture is imported and a lot of the foam is treated with formaldehyde - the use of formaldehyde is banned in Australia but not in our imported products go figure...
  • I am supporting a local business


The two most important reasons I chose to recover not buy new

  • The environment, anyone looking for a second hand lounge suite would not likely spend the money on revamping our old one if the same amount of money buy new.
  • We bought this lounge suite because we liked it and it was comfortable - it still is and I still like it.


Before, 
***waves frantically at UK Student , Hi miss you***

The finished product...I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment