I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Wednesday 11 September 2013

Birthday

It was my birthday on Tuesday, I love my birthday every year, I don't worry about getting older, I worry about staying the same. The only thing I don't like about birthdays is  the enviable question "what do you want", I feel pressured into having a list...I am happy with a nice dinner, smelly candles, flowers and my family. Simple things, the girls think I need more...So this year I was prepared, I told my family what I wanted....and I got everything I wanted and more.

I especially love birthdays that go on for days/weeks. I stated celebrating early when my sister and I spent a day at the Eumundi markets, a sisters day for my birthday, she brought me a hot chocolate calla lilly, it had one beautiful flower the day she brought it and it flowered again on my actual birthday.

Hot Chocolate Calla Lilly


I am also very lucky to have a beautiful flowering orchid that flowers every year for my birthday. (I know it is because it is the start of spring....but I like to believe it is for me)

Birthday Orchids

The Saturday before my birthday this year for the federal election. I was so pleased that I had already planned a weekend away with HWMBO, we postal voted and went into a media blackout on Friday, it was very good to escape from the hype surrounding an election. (I considered this a gift in itself)
We had a wonderful weekend at the Bunya Mountains, I got some awesome photos - they will be in a post of their own.

I treated myself to a new lens for my birthday (actually it was a reward for a good tax refund, that happened to coincide with my birthday) It is a wide angle lens which adds so much more to my landscape photos. So far I am very very happy.
Point cartwright sunset



New cushions for my couch, a bread knife, a lens, a weekend away, a flowering pot plant, beautiful flowers in the garden, a gift coming any day from daughter #2 in the UK. What more can I possibly need. A visit from the neighborhood snake, this snake has been around for years all our neighbors have reported visits from him. Tuesday was the first sighting since it began to get cold. We were calling him Harry as in Harry huge...now he is BS which stands for Birthday Snake (or just Big Snake). I love him he is so beautiful. I do have a healthy respect for him and don't get too close. 

Birthday Snake

Curled up in the warm sun

Not such good news for my birthday week, parting with a huge amount of money for Daughter #3 to get braces. I know it will be worth it when her teeth are straight.

Blue bands on the braces

Happy Birthday to me and my other friends who celebrate at this time of year also.

Do what you love.....Love what you do 


No comments:

Post a Comment