I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Tuesday 17 September 2013

Adelaide

I had an unexpected trip to Adelaide a few weeks ago, it was the first time I have been to South Australia I would have like more time to have a look around, unfortunately I was there for a funeral. My Uncle Tim (on my Mother's side) another victim to the horrible lung cancer.

This is a picture taken at a my cousins wedding October 2011
Left to right Uncle Mike, Uncle Tim and My Mum



Living in Queensland you tend to forget how cold the southern states are, we left home at 4:30 am wearing tshirts, lucky at the last minute I thought to add the jacket daughter #1 brought me for mothers day. It had only been cold enough for me to wear this jacket a few times over winter. I can now say it has been worth every cent she paid for it. Adelaide was cold and wet and very very quiet. A 10am you could almost count the people in the city centre, there was a lot of construction and few for lease shops but no people. 


Mum and I made good use of the public transport, we were staying overnight at North Adelaide a 10 min bus trip to the city. We took the 'tram' (it is a train but there is only one route so they call it a tram)  to Glenelg (the seaside) this would be a very pretty spot for photos on a good day. 




Friday morning was not a wet, thank goodness funerals are depressing enough without shitty weather. I wont say anything about the funeral other than I found it very hard....

It was funny watching my mother introduce me to my cousins, she has seen them often over the years. I have not seen them since I was 10. Mum would say "Ant you remember your cousin Roslyn?" ***I swear she calls me that just to piss me off*** Ant looked at me blankly and said no when did we last see each other?" He was 3 the last time I saw him...Of course he is not going to remember me! This happened with all 4 of my cousins. OMG Mum give it up

It was nice to re acquaint myself with my cousins, I have invited one of them come stay with us when he brings his family to the Sunshine Coast next year.

I managed to get a few photos on the day, the kids played football in the front yard and I made the girls get the rabbit for me to hold (and photograph) While they are common pets in Australia....but not in Qld so I was excited to be able to hold and photograph 'Marshmallow"






We had a few hours before our plane so I got some photos of the sights of Adelaide, the Adelaide Oval currently under renovation. The swan thought I was going to feed it and the church so often seen in the commentary of the cricket test matches when the commentators are looking to fill air time during boring parts of play






No comments:

Post a Comment