I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Friday 26 July 2013

Finding my 'style' what I don't want to do

I am still trying to find my 'Style' as a photographer, by trying a bit of everything I am sure I will get find it soon. I recently had the chance to do a maternity and  newborn baby shoot. What I learnt from this is I loved the maternity shoot - hated the newborn shoot. Perhaps hate is too strong, I did love having newborn baby cuddles and seeing how happy and proud Mum and Grandma were. 
Baby girl was wide awake and happy, this meant she was forever moving, I found it hard to get any of the stereotype poses that are popular for newborn photos. I also felt like I was intruding - which I didn't feel when doing the maternity shoot...I can now cross newborn photography of my list of 'styles'.












Now I will keep trying to find my 'style' ***I know what I want it to be...I have to prove I can do it before I advertise it*** in the meantime I will take my camera out as often as possible and search for the million dollar shot.

Last weekend I had a lucky find with a Jabiru (Black Headed Stork) in a pond beside the road near the local shopping centre,I tried to find a way to access the pond via a local park however the only way I could get close was to park on the side of the road...I was spotted 'stalking' the bird by one of my neighbors.   I thought the bird was one of the wetland birds from Australia Zoo on a bit of an adventure. This what they said to me G'day Roz, great shot! This is not one of ours. We have had reports over the last 12-18 months of wild Jabiru's in the area (mostly around Ewen Maddock Dam). It's very rare to see them this far south so you're very lucky. Sometimes they're seen as far south as Port Macquarie!I almost didn't read past great shot, LOL.



Until next time....see ya


No comments:

Post a Comment