I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Thursday 14 March 2013

Finally a nice weekend (I hope)

After 10 weeks of rain, it looks like it is going to be a fine weekend (touch wood), yesterday and today have been beautiful, with blue skies and fluffy white clouds....it is shame I have been working. 

It has been a very busy week and I am looking forward to the weekend, I have no plans except there will be photo taking. I have thought about getting up early for a sunrise....but these are over rated so I will make an effort for a sunset somewhere pretty.

I am a  Uni Green Officer, this is a group of UQ staff dedicated to sustainability and good environmental practices at UQ, my part in this group is small as my office is only 3 people and we are all pretty good with personal 'green habits', I would love to have a paperless office, however the antiquated systems and polices in place make it impossible. For example all contractors/workers must do an online induction, this is stored in a data base to which I cannot access so there must be a printed copy of every induction. This is 6 pages long and not relevant to my work yet still must be done.

That was not where I was heading with this post, so forgive me for waffling today, it is Friday. 

The Green Office incentive this month is to get people out of the office and enjoying walks around UQ lakes, so there is a photographic competition with a fair trade chocolate hamper for a prize. The photos must include a sustainability marker. So after work on Saturday I went for a walk with my camera, I ended up ankle deep in mud the one time I stepped of the path and wished I had taken my big lens to get a closer picture of the ducks chasing the bride.

These are the four I have entered in the competition. 



If you look at this large you will see the ducks at the brides feet, the photographer  spent ages shooing them away
I would have included them in my photo....a memory you can't stage. (The photographer also go very shitty at me for pointing may camera at the bride when I got closer....my feet were wet and dirty so I didn't pick a fight....I could have won because I was in uniform...)


I am looking forward to a weekend of sunshine, photos and wine....after the week I have had I am looking forward to a lot of wine.

I also have to redo HWMBO's website and create a Facebook page for him. He needs to move into the digital age and jump on the social network bandwagon. It is the way of the future. I will start with the Facebook page and take it from there. 

Watch this space

Have a good weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment