I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Monday 5 November 2012

Video Tutorials and photoshop

I have spent the last three days watching an awesome teacher on Creative Live, Lindsay Alder is a fashion photographer who spends a lot of time of retouching. She is very good at explaining the different levels of retouching,  a portrait - don't get rid of distinguishing marks (unless the client requests it). A portfolio shot has a bit more editing and a fashion shot has heaps and heaps of editing, no blemishes, no skin texture, nose perfect, eyes colored and eyelashes added. 

I was doing my head in by the time I started to play around with what I learnt. I will be watching these videos again and again.....but I do need models to work with. I have a great spot picked out.

Daughter #2 has her school formal next week so I will have the opportunity to get a few of her and her friends all dressed up. Getting them to pose for me will be the hard part.

This is the before and after of my days work. I am glad we had the self portrait challenge in September, it means I didn't need to take another photo to work with. Today I would need lots of work. Even a professional retoucher would have there work cut up for them. Having a puppy who wants to get up at 4:30 am and play is starting to take it toll on me.

Before - notice all the wrinkles and the bra strap

After, got rid of the bra, the wrinkles and smoothed out my skin.

Don't be fooled by the cute sleepy puppy in this photo, she is a naughty little girl. I have been taking her for a walk each day, well I have been trying she refuses to walk more than a few steps. Nothing is wrong the harness is not too tight, the grass is soft, she is just plain lazy or chicken. A dog barks and she stops, a car goes past she stops, a phone rings she stops. I have been trying food rewards. After I lift her back to her feet if she keeps walking I will give her a treat. This is not even working she is an embarrassment. 

Lilly is lucky she is cute and good most of the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment