I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Sunday 11 November 2012

The last week of school

The last week of school - EVER is pretty special for every year 12 student, #2 daughter has reached this milestone this week and it is super special for her as she turns 18 on the very last day.

There is never much work done in this week, exams are finished assignments marked. This week is all about getting ready for 'Formal' on Wednesday night, booking the hairdresser, the nail place and the friend for make up. Then there is scheduling it all so Mum (me) get plenty of time to take 'Formal' photos at the beach. Thursday is a recovery day with no school, when #1 graduated they had to go to school on the day after Formal, they were all taken to the the beach to swim out the hangovers from the after party. This year common sense prevails and the year 12s get the day off to recover. ( I heard a rumor that there is the worry about kids still being over the limit and driving to school)

She kicked of her week with a party on Saturday night, very low key with her besties and a jumping castle. It rained all night so they spent more time talking then jumping. (All but one of the girls all left at 9:30pm which I thought was very strange - I like to think it was the rain the sent them running not our party)








The kit kat lasagna was a hit, one girl described it as a bowl full of awesomeness http://rozzy35.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/kit-kat-lasagna.html
Because I poured hot melted white chocolate over the honeycomb layer it slightly melted into this yummy gooey mess full of mini marshmallows and smarties.



Not many photos from the night - it was raining after all. Cameras and rain are not a good combination.

Sunday was very windy and an extremely lazy day for all, I was the only one out of bed at 9am (I got up at 6am to let the puppy out)  the jumping castle was blown up and everyone had a play before it got taken away.
***old ladies like me should not be allowed on jumping castles....boobs go flying and there is that fear of no bladder control - made worse by the laughing, my time on the castle was short and any plans I may have had of getting on a jumping castle when alcohol was involved are gone (I always thought it would be a heap of fun when drinking)***



No comments:

Post a Comment