I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Saturday 24 November 2012

Talent or lack there of

Working again on a Sunday....I don't mind, the event I am working is fun and everyone is having a good time. I am lucky really my job description is Events Co-ordinator, if I worked in the public sector I would have to work a lot of nights and most weekends, once or twice a month is not such a bad thing, especially since I demanded (because I am entitled) 2 days off in a row when working weekends, I think I am getting too old for split days off and 7 day working weeks.

While listening to a beautiful young lady sing and play the guitar, a work colleague and I were talking about her talent and how we would like to have a talent. This got me thinking... 'what is my talent?' does everyone have a talent?' I would be keen to know what other peoples talents are  - and what they think mine is.

I think my talent is -------, I really don't know, I am a good photography - but there are others (lots) that are better, I am a good organiser - is that a talent? Is procrastinating  a talent? Coz I am very good at that.
HWMBO is easy he is a talented silversmith and handyman. I would like my talent to be photography.....yep I am going to go with that. ***actually I would like my talent to be mind reading***

I do have a talent for pissing people off - or maybe it is the other way around I have a talent for being pissed off. 
Shopping on Friday was one of them most unpleasant experiences I have had for a long time, I was having a good day, I was full of thoughts about what I was going to buy and where I was going to get it from (I am doing a secret Santa/gift exchange with  social network group....it is very exciting). BUT the shopping center was busy with lots of kids (that should have been in school) and older people and everyone was in a hurry or just rude. A 3 shops I had people push in front of me to get to the cashier first, I had one person snatch the trinket I was reaching for away from me (there was 5 of the same thing she must have thought the one I was closest too was best). When I decided enough was enough of the personal shopping I did the groceries...Big mistake....HUGE! The crowds followed me, they parked their trolleys in the aisles, they stood 3 abreast, they jostled and pushed me, one person rammed me with a trolley while I was waiting to get past a couple who where leaning on trolleys talking.

While I am not a rude person (most of the time) it was the final straw when I was waiting at the check out to have an older couple ask if they could go in front of me as they only had one thing. I snapped and said 'No you can't there is express and self serve check outs use them'. OMG you would think I slapped them. I had one lady call me a bitch, another stare like I grew 2 heads. I didn't care I was my right! ***Ok I did feel bad, but seriously if they were teenagers would I still have been called a bitch... I think not***

I finished shopping, sulked at home for a bit, then met with the friend for a coffee and a photo shoot, crappy sunset. Good conversation and fantastic people.

This morning puppy woke me up hours before I had to leave to go to work so I took a few photos in the garden. I really should do this more often, sometimes you need to look at what you have before searching for something else.


Lilly is now 5 months old and very cheeky

I love my frangapani trees



No comments:

Post a Comment