I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Thursday, 8 November 2012

Death by Chocolate

Kit Kat Lasagna

A few weeks ago I saw a post on Facebook, a kit kat lasagna...it looked wickedly decadent, totally fattening and delicious. Daughter #2 is having her first 18th birthday party on Saturday. I figure she has booked a jumping castle, there is no alcohol and all girls this would be a good birthday cake.

I turned all this


into this



Maybe not all of it....the dish was as big as I thought it was, there was almost half of everything (except the chocolate melts) left. I didn't use the maltessers ***these are my favourites, they have been saved for when the chocolate fairy visits me***

Layer 1


Wafer biscuits - I could have used kit kat but didn't think the extra chocolate was required

Layer 2


Crushed chocolate honeycomb, using a zip lock bag and a meat mallet is the quickest and cleanest way of crushing anything I have found.


Layer 3


Melted white chocolate (this is to represent the cheese sauce)

Layer 4 


More wafer biscuits

Layer 5 


Mini Marshmallows

Layer 6


Melted milk chocolate 


Layer 7


Smarties


Layer 8

More melted chocolate





 Layer 9


Pop rocks  (A Heston Blumenthal favourite)


Final layer


Kit Kat


I am hoping none of the girls go in to a diabetic coma after eating this - I will be sure to give them a piece to take home with them - only so it is not left in my house! I have just lost 15kg....I don't plan on putting it back on with one desert!