I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Wednesday 3 October 2012

Telmarketers

This morning I heard that the scammers who ring pretending to be Microsoft and hack your computer have been stopped. While I am happy that they have been caught, I wonder who am I going to mess with now.

As our number is a business number and we cannot go on the 'Do Not Call Register', we get heaps and heaps of telemarketers, most of the time we will just hang up (we don't answer if the id is 'Overseas Caller' our friends will leave a message). But there are times when I like to mess with the telemarketers.

Not so long ago I got a call from the Microsoft people, I had been home by myself and was a bit bored, so I kept talking to him pretending not to understand what he wanted me to do, I told him I had to get the computer out of it bag, then we waited for me to turn it on ***I am preparing dinner while talking*** I then got confused about which buttons he wanted me to press, this went on for about 15 mins when I asked if it mattered that my computer was an iMac. He hung up on me.

I took a call yesterday asking for the business owner - when I asked what the call was regarding she mumbled something I didn't hear, when I asked her to repeat what she said she started mimicking me. I hung up. Stupid woman rang back and very professionally asked for the business owner. I said that there was a bad line and I was not hearing her clearly, she then started the mimicking me again. I didn't even hang up, I put the phone down and walked away.

It made me wonder do telemarketers hate their jobs as much as we hate getting the calls? How desperate for work must you be to take a job where you get abused, hung up on and paid pittance? I also think and lot of these jobs are paid on commission the more people you get to sign up the more money you get.

Not a job I could do.

No photos today, I have taken heaps for the Photo 5 competition, I now have to edit them...

I had a slight mishap today while taking photos for Photo 5, I was so full of ideas I wanted to do them all..... I learnt the hard way sparklers and tissue paper do not mix. I had a minor fire in the study today...there may or may not be a slight scorch mark on the carpet. The good thing with tissue it burns quickly.

Of to look at and edit some photos - I just need to find my motivation first. I think I have chocolate hidden in my car...

yep Freddo frogs this will help for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment