I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Monday 1 October 2012

Riverfire and family gatherings

Saturday night #2 &#3 and I braved the crowds to go to our first ever Riverfire  fireworks night. If you believe the TV reports so did 500,000 other people. I almost believe, I don't think I have seen that many people in one spot EVER.

LG (Lighting Guy) was the one who suggested we meet up and take some more photos (after the success of the laser night)...he stood us up, something about a better offer with less people.

We got to Southbank about 5pm ***three hours too late to get a good spot*** the black hawk helicopters where hovering either side of Victoria Bridge this looked like a good place to be. We pushed our way through the crowd managing to get a space for one person on the rail of the bridge looking directly at the lighting barge. As soon as the Black Hawks left so did half the people -I could have told them there was no room at southbank....I didn't I set up my tripod and spread out in my prime position. 

We waited two hours for 20mins of fireworks... was it worth it? Hell yes. I got some great photos, the music was loud, the crowd was in awe. Will I do it again? Maybe not. 

Southbank before the show






It took an hour to get back to the car, basically we just moved with the flow of the people until we got to the train station, where we were crammed in like sardines. I am sure this was quicker than if we had parked closed to the city... 



Daughter # 1 asked me to take her and BF to the airport early this morning, meaning a sleep over last night. Sister wanted to come and meet Lilly (my baby Golden Retriever), other family friends wanted to catch up before school started back. So we had 17 people for a BBQ yesterday. 

It was a spontaneous get together that turned into a great night.  I often find the less notice you give people when planning a night out or get together, the best chance you have of getting them to attend - no time to think of a reason not to if you already commit. No time for a better offer to come up. ***Don't get me wrong I am a big planner and would prefer everything organised weeks in advance, I have come to an understanding of how social events work after a few fails*** 

Lots of food was cooked and consumed, I was pretty spot on with my salads this time, only had a small amount of lettuce and stuff left. 

I am not really feeling chatty now so I will come back tomorrow with photos of a beautiful 3 year old who helped me with my spaghetti challenge photos.

Oh I have to pick the challenge for the Flickr group winners challenge this month.
I have an idea, I doubt I will be able to get an entry in as it is not my thing. A lot of the other members will like it and it is a good chance for me to get out and experiment

Natural light/sun flare. (I was going to do night photography, decided not to as this is a favorite of mine and everyone knows it)

Till tomorrow Bye

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely awesome photos Roz!! Job well done.

    The beauty of winning the flickr challenges is that you get to pick your favourite stuff as the theme for the next challenge ... don't hesitate next time ... and I'm sure there will be a next time!

    ReplyDelete