I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Monday 10 September 2012

It's my birthday

46 today....I don't feel a day over 30, if it wasn't for the fact I have a daughter about to turn 21, I would not believe I was so old. I am fitter and healthier than I have been for years (not to mention lighter)

So how did I spend my birthday? By not doing very much at all, yesterday daughters #1 & #3 took me to lunch at Bribie Island - fish and chips by the water, who can ask for anything more. #1 also made me some chocolate filled with red wine.

We had a nice walk along the beach watching kids fish, paddle in the water and ride bikes and scooters. There is a lot of media and hype about the amount of time kids spend on computers and with electronic devices, the second weekend of spring and there were families everywhere all enjoying the beautiful day. Next time there is a report about how house bound kids are today, I will suggest the reporter try and get a park along any beach front in the next 5 months. Just saying.

Today I had great plans to get some nice flower/bee/dragon fly photos in Maleny...the weather was not playing nice today, very cloudy and occasionally a drop or two of water would fall to the earth (not enough to call rain, enough for me not to bother) so I visited Andrew Goodall in his shop, I am fairly sure I was more of a nuisance than a delightful visitor, he had work he wanted to do and I just wanted to chat.

The girls have made me chocolate cream pie instead of cake for my birthday (I asked them too) so I will forget the diet and enjoy.

Tomorrow HWMBO and I are off the Stanthorpe for 2 nights, to visit some wineries and hopefully get some nice spring flowers for this months challenge. The other 2 challenge photos I am after are Self Portrait....and spaghetti portrait. Time to get my thinking cap on.




Photos of daughters #1 & #3  


and a nagging seagull


No comments:

Post a Comment