I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Sunday 23 September 2012

I love holidays

I am having the best time on my holidays, I have spent the last 2 weeks doing 'my' thing and going away by myself now the next two weeks will be about the girls (really it will be about me, I will just include them)

I have been away this weekend and have lots of photos to go through and edit before I post them, so this post will be about the night in Brisbane watching the laser lights...before I start I want to say HI to my first follower **** waves frantically**** I am excited to have a follower (and I am making the assumption that she will read this blog often. (She will also know that I read her blog after the whale watching weekend-  coz I 'borrowed' a photo from her - Thanks I have now subscribed to your blog as well)

Thursday night after a busy day in Brisbane, I went to the Brisbane festival to see the Santos laser light display. This outing was arranged by one of the lighting contractors from work, whie he is not doing so much of the work at UQ any more we are still good friends and have photography in common. 

I would never had made the effort to go to this show (even though it is twice a night for 2 weeks during Brisbane Festival every year) the grand finale is on Saturday night with River Fire a night of fireworks, laser shows and fly overs by the Air force. I am trying to talk HWMBO into going in with the girls...so far so good, Number # finishes work at 2pm allowing us plenty of time to get form home to town (hoping that Lighting Guy now going to be called LG saves us a spot).... now I am getting excited.

If the fire works are as good as the laser - there are incorporated, it will be a fantastic night. Fingers crossed it all works out. I really love night photo and slow shutter speeds so I hope he decides it is a good family outing.

I am going to edit my photos from the weekend in Toowoomba with Ra Ra, I leave you with my laser light photos





This was a bit of a cheat photo - I zoomed in and out while the shutter was open to create the laser lines - still looks pretty good though


1 comment: