I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Tuesday 7 August 2012

Starting to feel pressured…


 I am surrounded by sick people and if those close to me are not sick, there is someone at home/their work/school/on the bus that is sick. My girls have been sick on and off for months, my boss and my colleague, two people I had meeting s with this week have let me know they now have the flu!

Why do I feel pressured? I have a slight (very slight) sore throat, not quite swallowing razor blades but getting close. HWMBO keeps telling me not to get sick, because he has a nice weekend planned for us. (The girls are away camping). 3 times today he has told me I better not be sick for the weekend,  The boss has also told me I am not allowed to be sick - reminding me I have to work on Saturday and colleague has a week off! So how do I stay well?

1.     Rest – hard when I have to start at 7:30, leaving home at 6am, 6 days this week!
2.     Stay warm – hard when the building is so cold I have gloves on at 1:30pm {note – it is 20c outside }
3.     Stay away from sick people – bloody hard

I am having a pity party today…I actually took my lunch break, I sat in the sun watching a family of ducks scavenge in the freshly cut grass. Why am I made to feel guilty?

I have requested a Monday off, I am going whale watching on the Sunday – working on Saturday, apparently by me having Monday off it makes it hard for Boss to sort out his family. FFS I am entitled to 2 RDO a week, if I work Saturday is it not unreasonable to have Monday off. When was the last time he worked a Saturday? I will stick by my guns on this and he can work around it, if he wants to sulk to fricken bad!

Today’s photo was taken on the iPad.  8 o’clock

This is wht I was doing at 8 o'clock - have have found this new on line photo editing program Fotoflexer - it is free and has some good features. Not as good as Photoshop of course. I wish I could come up with a good reason to have PS installed on my work computer...


The highlight of my day, the baby ducks. I love that dad duck (not in the photo) gets so cranky. He was strutting around squawking at the other birds and people to keep away, he ran at me when I got too close.
One of the babies wanted to rest, sitting under mum when ever she stopped, getting frustrated when she moved on. In the end ‘he’ sat and waited for Mum to come back to him. I wish I had my camera, I took a few snaps on the Ipad, but they were crap.

Going to see my mum after work, she wants a nice photo of herself. (I will ignore the fact she wants to give it to the junkie) I have my camera and I will make her pose and play nice until I am happy with the result.  Sister and BiL will be there also, sister wants to borrow my fondue kit.






No comments:

Post a Comment