I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Monday 13 August 2012

Short but busy weekend


Ok so it is Tuesday and another weekend has passed in a blink of an eye, probably because I worked all day Saturday. A 6 day working week with only one day off does not make for a happy Roz….

What did make me happy?

The event on Saturday, one of my favourite annual events.The event staff are great, the UQ staff are among my favourite people to work with and the delegates were so focused on their projects they were the best behaved youth I have ever seen. I am sure I am ok with saying the name of this event as I only have positive things to say. It was the Young ICTE Explorers, an ITC competition open to grades 4 – 12 students. It is all about creating a program/app/game… The kids love what they do and get very passionate about it, the highlight of the day for me was when this beautiful little girl so small her tees shirt came to her knees, put her head on my shoulder and asked me about all the buttons on the AV desk, she was 8 years old in grade 3, her group had created a game about the 3 little pigs. They were 8….and not eligible to enter the competition, that didn’t stop them. (Her group was given an encouragement award and invited to come back next year to compete)
#1 daughter was working – doing the catering for YICTE, it made a good day better to spend some time with her.

Saturday night, the girls were away at Night Hawk, a 15 km night hike in the Darling Downs Region for Scouts. (A much loved activity even if it is freezing cold). HWMBO planned a nice romantic night for us; he had wine chilling, music playing, oysters in the fridge and chocolate for desert.  We have been married for 21 years and I love that he still wants to do the special nights at home. He goes to a lot of  effort for these romantic adventures , I enjoy the participation.  I was very pleased to fit back in to my favourite (and sexiest) corset.  A fun night full of food, wine, music and grown up games ;).

Sunday was a lazy wake up day, waking up to more games :0, then a breakfast of bacon and mushrooms…with the girls due home around 1, there was no time to go anywhere so I walked around the house and yard with my camera, looking to cross of items on my photo a day challenge.
Day 10 Ring - this is one of the branches of the gum tree cut down by energex this week

Day 11 Purple - 'Weeds' in the garden

Day 12 Spoon - Grandma's dinner set, spoon from Cousin in Canberra's wedding, tea set a job for HWMBO. (I have reminded him that as a silversmith I should have things like a tea set or candlesticks)

Two very tired girls were home by 2pm, #2 was a bit sad that it was her last Night Hawk, (made worse coz her best Venturer friend was sick and didn’t go) her patrol came 47th out of about 60. # 3 was very excited her patrol came 11th; (out of 86) it was her first time as a patrol leader with a few first timers. They missed out on top 10 by .5 of a point. Being good sports they were just pleased to be better that the Snapper (scout leader) asked them to be (he was happy with in the to 24)

HWMBO and I spent another nice night alone as the girls where fast asleep by 5pm. Early night for both of us, even with only one day off, I had a good and fulfilling weekend.

Tomorrow is a public holiday so I am off the Ekka tonight with Sister hoping for fireworks photos.

I had my first attempt a a dandelion blowing away photo. I got two that I am happy with, I like the firstone, my family like the second.





 Wish me luck with the fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment