I live in one of the most beautiful places in Australia – according to ME. I have a job I love (most of the time), 3 beautiful girls, who are old enough now to be independent…but still need their Mummy. #1 is nearly 21, lives with BF, #2 is nearly 18, saving hard for a gap year in the UK and # 3 is 14, loves One Direction and the Hunger Games. Hubby and I have been married 21 years and I don’t know what I would do with out him.



I spend far too much time on the computer – often pretending to work, so when all my words with friend’s games are played and the gossip and news of the world read, I will BLOG.



Wednesday 15 August 2012

Brisbane Ekka

What a good night at the EKKA, the first thing I noticed was how quiet it was. I expected to be bumping in to people all night with my tripod and camera bag. Don’t get me wrong there was still a lot of people, just not as many as I though there would be. It was also a lot smaller than I remember.
Is that because I am older, because I was without children to worry about? Or is it the GFC….
There were only 2 things I wanted to, go on the Ferris wheel and get a photo from the top. (This was a great idea in theory, I didn’t account for the swaying or the other people in or gondolier) I got one OK photo from about halfway up when we stoped for a pick up.
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of rotations we had, probably because it was so quiet.
The wheel - turns out the one from the wheel was not as good as I remembered

I also wanted to get my first ever fireworks photos… I am very impressed with my results. Have I mentioned recently how much I love my camera? I have not processed all of them yet (I took 50ish with more than half being OK)






Sister wanted to look at the arts and crafts and the police display. (there was no police display...well it was closed) The arts and crafts were good; the cakes were amazing as was some of the felting and scrapbooking. I spent a bit of time looking at the photography entries, there were some that made me go WOW, some that were indifferent and some that were crap. (In my humble option). We also both wanted to look at the baby animals - I think every child at the show was there at the time so we looked from a distance


Dinner was in the Woolworths pavilion (a new building, which I will recommend to people looking for a venue to hire) lots of food sampling and being pushed to buy…just like the markets. Some of the food displayed made me drool. Sister had the most delicious snickers gelato, I had just a taste as I knew I could eat a whole one, I was give a taste of passionfruit and raspberry gelato (two separate samples) YUMMMO, lucky they were large samples or I would have caved and bought a whole one.



I am glad I went and maybe I will go again next year, perhaps on my own so there is no pressure to move on when taking photos.
 A few of my favorites





Lack of crowds was a good thing for me and listening to the radio today the reports are positive. 70,000 people went through the gates on people’s day, so I guess we were lucky to have a quiet day.

It has been perfect weather, I hope the weekend is a good.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment